Sunday, May 8, 2016

Beautifully negative:)

My search for something new has lead me unsuspectingly back to my roots and beyond. Cameras, lenses, and chemical processes that date back 160 years have awoken a spark in me I haven't felt since my earliest darkroom days.

Eyes burning every night prowling eBay for long forgotten gems just waiting to be revived.

Today I shot some 75 year old Zeiss Ikon folding 6x4.5 that drives like an old James Bond car. I enjoy holding it and the process of shooting it so much I almost don't even care what comes out of it. I can't believe how smooth this thing operates.

Making the mental switch back to film is actually pretty exhilarating. I have tried to embrace the challenge of being as precise as possible while still leaving a little room for the unexpected. 

Can't wait to see the negs:)






No comments:

Post a Comment