Tuesday, December 3, 2013

50 down, 50 to go.

I've been home almost 2 weeks now and my 40-day and 40 night, sleep-deprived epic photo-marathon already seems like a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

Though now well behind me, it's assuring to to speculate that the distant faces and sleepless nights connecting Budapest, Bratislava, Warsaw, Geneva, Abu Dhabi, Beijing, Shanghai, Bankgok, Pataya, and the eventual island mountain sunsets of Koh Lanta will surely have a ripple effect for many years to come.

Along the way I've affirmed that sometimes a window seat is a soother for the soul, and that sometimes a massage in Shanghai can save a man's life:)

My favorite part continues to be the randomness of doors that open that wouldn't appear otherwise, while the icing on the cake, and sacrifice I make, is the light at the end of the tunnel to come home to instead of having to Skype every other night. 

Lora's vocabulary and bag of ticks seemed to explode while I was gone, and the fact that I missed all of that is my pound of flesh for the job. She's only 16 months, and I'm pretty sure she's going to be smarter than me sooner than later. She's now also practicing her dramatic skills to see how she can play her Maminka and Tata:) The best I can do is stay one step ahead... though now it feels like I'm now one step behind.

50 days from Budapest
50 days to the Yukatan.

No comments:

Post a Comment