Sunday, April 7, 2013

Film. Fast Forward.


Considering how much has already been done in the art world, and especially photography, achieving anything truly original becomes more and more difficult. That said, it’s exciting to see how technology is affecting not only the way we create art, but how we show it.
Because of the luxuries born from the digital revolution, people have become more inclined to experiment and take chances. I like to think that my work has never been done before, but when I search keywords like Impressionist Photography I can see similar work to my own beginning to pop up here and there.

Though there are still no major photographers leading the way in this regard, the tide has started. Give it 5 to 10 years. Once photographers begin to really develop the style, I’m quite sure that observers and collectors alike will begin to see a real movement.

Also, with the evolution of LCDs, flatscreens, and digital frames, I see unprecedented opportunities in regards to “moving” pictures. It becomes highly conceivable that an image which appears in the morning may then totally evolve into another image by the evening, though completely unperceivable to the human eye throughout the day.

I mean, how cool would it be to wake up to one piece of art, and go to sleep to another?!

Technologies and trends aside, ask me where I think I’ll be personally in 5 or 10 years, and I have learned better than to attempt an answer. Knowing me, I will have reinvented everything at least once or twice over, probably starting something new all over again.









No comments:

Post a Comment