Wednesday, October 12, 2016

What doesn't kill you...

As if the months leading up to the gallery opening weren't exhausting enough, the last 5 weeks have been straight up, punishing.

Between the gallery, the guest rooms, my usual commercial work this time of year, my growing Daddy duties at home, and a bizarre run of pretty nasty luck, I swear to god, if I can outlast October, there's nothing I can't do when I put my mind to it.

Certainly there are days when I wonder why the hell I've chosen to bite off so much, especially with our newborn at home, but when I am reminded of the support people have shown me, and when I talk to more and more of these talented artists who feel just as left out of the gallery world as I have, I remain compelled to keep the dream alive and fight another day.

I believe that 2017 will be pretty telling, and am preparing myself mentally to give it everything I've got. Where the gallery, and my art career, stand 12 months from now will determine whether or not some dreams are worth dreaming, or whether you should be careful what you wish for.

In the meantime, I may feel a little beaten, but I'm far from out.




No comments:

Post a Comment