Sunday, April 25, 2010

"Love Triangle" in the park

What an amazing day yesterday:)

As one of four participating teams in Prague's first "Creative Community" fashion competition, my creative dream-team and I spent a beautiful, if not exhausting day among the spring bloom of Petrin.

Without giving away any secrets, the timing of the collectively assigned theme, 'Love Triangle', stuck a strangely personal chord within the team, reaffirming the idea that art often imitates reality.

I find it curious that when I picture the word triangle, I first imagine a pyramid, solid and stable. And yet, as soon as one attempts to spread human emotion over three points, the pyramid becomes much more like a teeter totter, constantly shifting, constantly seeking balance, one side at the expense of the other.

Although I never leave a shoot without thinking I could have done better, I have faith in the work we have done and credit my team fully for making it happen. Regardless of who wins, I am grateful for the opportunity to simply work together, and for that I have already won.

Pending the official unveiling next Saturday in Jet Set, here's a little sneak peak of some "behind the scenes."

No comments:

Post a Comment