Wednesday, March 11, 2009

One small step for man....

I think that there are years that one can plan, and then there are years like 2009, that will just happen to us. No doubt, where many of us will find ourselves 12 short months from now is beyond even the clearest of crystal balls.

Clearly, it is in the face of this uncertainty that we get to test ourselves the most. Endurance, tenacity, and the ability to adapt, improvise, overcome and survive: I believe that it is in these qualities that we will measure ourselves beyond anything as calculated as percentages or quotas.

It would seem in many ways that, this isn’t exactly the ideal year to leave the so-called comforts of shooting for financial gain for more artistic ambitions. Yet to be honest, I don’t feel like I have chosen this time, as much as it has chosen me.

Simply stated, if I can accomplish one thing this year, it would be stop undermining my ability just to pay the bills, and start embracing my talent so as to satisfy my soul.

They say that if you do what you love than the money will follow. I suppose my real mission this year, is to put this theory to the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment