Wednesday, August 17, 2016

10..9...8...

So, the final count down has begun!

In 10 days, the first big question will be answered. Have I spent the last 3 months sacrificing everything I've got in terms of time, faith and money in vain, OR, will this pending gallery opening be the beginning of what may become a whole new chapter?

Of course, I try to keep a brave face, but the reality is that I am so depleted in every sense of the word, that even if everything works out as I hope, I don't know how much more I can give.

The thought that September is around the corner is both a relief - since I know the work will bring in some well needed cash - and also a little terrifying knowing that I will be walking into it without first having the ability to refresh and recharge before the next 6 week wave of heavy commitments.

In many ways it feels like, if this were a poker game, I've used every bit of savvy and luck I can borrow or muster, and bluffed my way to the final hand where I am all in, winner takes all.

I've done my part. Let's see what cards the dealer has to offer.






No comments:

Post a Comment