Thursday, December 30, 2010

Goodbye 2010



The whirlwind leading up to, and following, the Impressions show has been nothing less than epic. It is only now, 2 weeks later, that I find a moment of peace while the city sleeps in my jet lag to reflect upon it all.

Looking back, it is with a certain reserved sense of pride that, despite the avalanche of logistic roadblocks, financial quagmires, and personal sacrifices along the way, I can count my victories.

Though the road ahead may be long and winding yet, for the first time since announcing to the world at the age of 5 "I am an artist", it is only now, in the wake of 2010, that I feel that dream actually becoming my reality.

Beyond whatever success has already come from the show, I breathe the largest sigh knowing that the work I have been incubating for 2 years has finally been given life, freeing me to re-focus my energies on CREATING new work once again.

Call it naive, call it ambitious, or call it inevitable, but I believe with all my heart that I have a legitimate contribution to make in the History books of Photography. And I believe, perhaps more than ever, that my basic dream of combining what I shoot for love, and what I shoot for money, will one day converge to reveal my true potential as a man, and as an artist.

The Mission may be far from over, but I enter 2011 with a renewed energy and commitment to stay true to the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment